Supply Chain Manager
Hours: 35 hours per week with core hours between 10am and 2.30pm
Contract Type: Permanent
Challs International has a great opportunity for an experienced supply chain professional. Reporting to the Head of Operations you will be responsible for maximising the overall performance and profitability of the Supply Chain function. This is a newly recreated position with the opportunity for the right person to make the role their own. Joining a friendly and supportive team your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Manage and control the flow of materials in accordance with short-, medium- and long-term planning strategies
- Lead and manage the optimisation of the MRP system.
- Identify and source potential suppliers, whilst developing and maintaining strong relationships with existing suppliers.
- Ensure that suppliers achieve the required level of performance in line with purchasing requirements.
- Develop and implement strategic supply chain plans and processes.
- Manage the process of negotiating contracts with suppliers for best value and performance.
- Forecast price and market trends to identify changes of balance in buyer-supplier power to assess, manage and mitigate risk.
Skills, Experience & Attributes
- Strong supply chain, planning related experience ideally within an FMCG manufacturing environment.
- Excellent working knowledge of ERP/MRP/procurement systems.
- Highly organised and comfortable dealing with multiple tasks and demands on time, as well as being able to prioritise accordingly.
- Strong leadership skills with experience in managing, developing and mentoring staff to achieve their full potential.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Team player who is hardworking, self-motivated and proactive.
- Aligned values of sustainability and respect.
- CIPS qualified is a preference
Challs International Group Ltd is a very successful British family business which has been trading for over 30 years. We have built a reputation for developing market leading consumer cleaning brands that literally change the way people clean, these include Buster, Bin Buddy and ALKIMI, amongst others. In the UK we are category leaders in two markets and supply all the major supermarkets as well as the leading on-line platforms. We also have operations in Southeast Asia, Europe, and Australasia. However, whilst we are very passionate about our brands, our people remain our biggest asset and we are proud of the family values that operate across the business. Continuous Improvement and development are key for our products and employees, ensuring everyone works to the best of their ability and supports their career with us.
- Excellent office facilities
- Holidays – minimum of 24 days including Christmas shutdown and a day off for your birthday plus the usual bank holidays
- Additional Paid Leave for emergencies and sickness
- Pension – 10% subject to both employee & employer contribution
- Free parking
- Regular company and charity events
If you want to be part of a very friendly and successful team and have what it takes, we’d love to hear from you.
Vacancy closing date: 23rd June 2023